They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but the sea.
- Sir Francis Bacon.

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Verbum Caro factum est - The Word became Flesh

"A beginning is the time for taking the most delicate care that the balances are correct"
'Manual of Muad'Dib' by the Princess Irulan (from Frank Herbert's SF masterpiece "Dune")

Let us then dispense with the formalities.

My name is George, I am 27 years old and I am Greek.
I live in Maroussi, a suburb of Athens, the capital of Greece.
I am a doctor and (in the rather distant, I'm afraid) future I will be specialized in Neurology.

There, the forms have been obeyed.
Yet another blog has been created to contribute to the incessant drivel about failed romances, unrequited passions, power, corruption, hope, laughter, planets and species in danger and generally all the things that constitute that all-powerful force that herds the masses of humanity onward: the Banality of our Everyday Lives.

My blog will not be different. Why bother then?

Generally speaking, the decision to start a blog is not something to be taken lightly. Especially now, that even here in technologically underdeveloped Greece, blogs are all the rage, having attracted much attention lately.

However, the temptation was simply irresistible.

You see, even though several people who know me would gladly testify that I am a kind-hearted and compassionate person, deep inside I harbour the instincts of a malevolent éminence grise, lurking in the shadows, waiting for the opportunity to point the skeletal finger of accusation to anyone who at any time disagreed with My views, and say.... "I warned you...but now it's too late..." and smile with malevolent glee.

So here it begins. An outlet for my bitterness, an opportunity to vent my spleen against the steady grinding of our lives into a colourless routine, without passion and without compassion.

Before I commit this first post to digital posterity, let me state My first commitment:

I will not go down that easily...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Καλή αρχή ξάδερφε...


(Subscribed)

Anonymous said...

Παρατηρώ ότι η οικογενειοκρατεία καλά κρατεί...Όμως αναγνωρίζω την πολύ καλή σου προσπάθεια.Kudos George ,keep walking!!!