They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but the sea.
- Sir Francis Bacon.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Imperial Journey: Denn du bist was du isst
(Viennese confectionery)

Today I ate the last Demel chocolate I brought back from Vienna (the Venchi chocolate slab from Milan has been a distant memory for more than a week...).



The last ammunition (to quote a friend...)

Fortunately, there are a few sugar coated violetta flowers (also by Demel) left...


...and of course the sweeter memories of the journey:



Sacher Torte and "viennese" ;) coffee at Café Sacher of the Sacher Hotel

"Viennese" coffee and chocolate covered strawberry and cream cone (by Landtmann's) at the Mozart Café across the Albertina.


PS: Are we what we eat? In this case I hope so.

PS II: I remember my cousin telling me what a comical sight that tourists were when they were taking pictures of the Sacher torte or the huge schnitzels at Figlmüller, while he was checking out a passing Maybach. When he turned his head he saw me trying to take a picture of the cone. Well, scratch one comment... :>



.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Έτσι για, τέτοιες φωτογραφίες ήθελα! Κόλαση....

Anonymous said...

I just hate the idea I could not accompany you to that marvelous sweat trip :D

Με έστειλες με τα γλυκά και τις φωτο φιλε!