They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but the sea.
- Sir Francis Bacon.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

The South will Rise again!


Oh, I'm a good ol' Rebel
Now that's just what I am.
And for this Yankee nation
I do not give a damn.

I'm glad I fought agin'st her,
I only wish we'd won.
I ain't asked any pardon
For anything I've done.

I hates the Constitution
This great Republic too.
I hates the Freedmen's Bureau
In uniforms of blue.

I hates the nasty eagle
With all his brag and fuss.
But the lyin', thievin' Yankees
I hates' em wuss and wuss.




I hates the Yankee nation
And everything they do.
I hates the Declaration
Of Independence too.
I hates the glorious Union --
'Tis dripping with our blood --
I hates their striped banner,
And I fit it all I could.

I rode with Robert E. Lee,
For three years, thereabouts.
Got wounded in four places
And starved at Point Lookout.
I caughts the rheumatism
A-camping in the snow.
But I killed a chance of Yankees
And I'd like to kill some mo'.



Three hundred thousand Yankees
Is stiff in Southern dust

We got three hundred thousand

Before they conquered us.

They died of Southern fever

And Southern steel and shot.

I wish we'd killed three million

Instead of what we got.


I can't take up my musket
And fight 'em now no more,
But I ain't going to love 'em,
Now that is sa'rten sure;
I don't want no pardon
For what I was and am,
I won't be reconstructed
And I do not give a damn.



PS: "I honestly believe that in certain parts of America now, people have started to mate with vegetables." Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear Ep. 3 , Season 9.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were a columnist..I would give this title to the current post:
The hazardous Dukes of the South or How I got high, learned to stop worrying and love the corn!
Witty post whatsoever...

Dennis said...

Nice song from the South, George!Beyond the political implications, I shall stay to the fact that the original Dukes never had a blonde Daisy as depicted in the modern version with Jessica Simpson.The original was a smoking hot brunette. I do not have a problem with blondes (to the contrary,I like them) but this is another sign that the Yankees have(sadly or not) prevailed.

PS. I have an inkling that inter-species mating is another expression of freedom in the land of the brave and free.

Anonymous said...

Amen partne' slug thos' damn yankees.General Lee rules!!!